National hurricane center National Hurricane Center map as of Friday afternoon, October 28, 2022. (National Hurricane Center).

AGAIN? Tropical Depression Likely To Form South Of Florida Within Days, Head Into Gulf

Boca Raton Boynton Beach Broward County Delray Beach Florida hurricane Miami News Palm Beach County weather


National hurricane center
National Hurricane Center map as of Friday afternoon, October 28, 2022. (National Hurricane Center).


BOCA RATON, FL ( (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It is still too early to even formulate a semi-accurate prediction, but the National Hurricane Center says there is now a 70 percent chance that a Tropical Depression forms within the next five days. The potential depression is marked by the red oval on the map above. We remind readers that an oval indicates where a system may form, but not necessarily a direction of travel. The system is expected to move to the north or northwest, which is very similar to the path taken by Hurricane Ian.

A second system is not expected to interact with land anytime soon.

The following is the afternoon tropical outlook from the National Hurricane Center.


Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 PM EDT Fri Oct 28 2022 For the North Atlantic… Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

  1. Eastern Caribbean: A broad area of low pressure over the eastern Caribbean Sea continues to produce a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms extending from the Windward Islands west-northwestward for several hundred miles. Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for gradual development over the next few days, and a tropical depression is likely to form this weekend or early next week while the disturbance moves slowly westward or west-northwestward over the central Caribbean Sea.

Regardless of development, locally heavy rainfall is possible over portions of the Lesser Antilles, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico through this weekend. * Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days…high…70 percent.

  1. Western Atlantic: Satellite data indicate that a well-defined low pressure area has formed about 150 miles southwest of Bermuda. This system is currently producing a limited amount of shower and thunderstorm activity. Environmental conditions are forecast to remain only marginally conducive, and any additional development should be slow to occur over the next day or so.

By late Saturday, upper-level winds are forecast to become even less favorable, and the low is expected to begin interacting with an approaching frontal system. Therefore, development after that time is not anticipated. * Formation chance through 48 hours…low…20 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.


Hotwire Fision 250x250 081522


Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read hereBroadcast stations must credit on air. Print must refer to Online must link to Contact news (at) Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.