AIRBAG DID NOT DEPLOY, ACCORDING TO SUIT, IN PANAMERA SMASHED ON FLORIDA TURNPIKE…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Porsche is being sued by a local woman who says the airbag in a Porsche Panamera did not deploy when the car was involved in a critical crash on the Florida Turnpike.
According to the suit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Raquel Arty was a passenger in the vehicle owned by a family member. That family member let someone else drive the vehicle who fell asleep behind the wheel. Arty was unable to do anything before the car slammed into a guardrail. The impact, according to the suit, was so significant that the airbag should have deployed on the passenger side, but did not.
Arty, according to the suit, suffered significant injuries that her attorneys say would have been lessened had the airbag deployed as expected. Among the injuries, “face lacerations and fractured vertebrae.”
The suit, which seeks in excess of $30,000 statutory minimum, claims that Porsche North America knew there was a safety problem but did nothing about it, sold a defective vehicle, and marketed safety devices that did not work.
Read the complete lawsuit, below. Arty is represented by the law firm of Demesin and Dover in Fort Lauderdale. Porsche has not yet filed a response to the suit, according to records reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!