DRINKING AND DRIVING ON A GOLF CART IS ILLEGAL.
Boca Raton…Delray Beach…Boynton Beach…PBSO Patrolling…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s Halloween and local police departments are out in full force as ghosts and goblins take to the streets. For those new to South Florida, Halloween includes the annual ritual of parents driving golf carts because they’re too lazy to walk around with their kids.
Frequently, the parents are seen drinking as the drive their golf carts. And that leads to the emails BocaNewsNow.com often receives on November 1st from people asking, “why did I get stopped for DUI while driving a golf cart?” “Why are the police picking on me for drinking while I was on my golf cart?” “What do you mean I can’t hold a beer and drive my golf cart in my gated community?” Here’s why: DUI is illegal.
Yes, you can be arrested for driving a golf cart while drinking. It doesn’t matter if you are in a private community or on a public street. Felony DUI can lead to your arrest whether you’re in a car, on a golf cart, on a motorcycle, or even a motor scooter. Felony arrests don’t stop at the gates to your community. And on Halloween, police will do whatever it takes to keep kids safe.
If you are among those unwilling to walk on Halloween, here’s a public service message from your friends at BocaNewsNow.com: Make sure you are not driving around with an open container on your golf cart. If you are, you may be starting November behind bars.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County
- Boca Raton YMCA Situation Monday Was Not Criminal
- I-95 Reopens In Broward County After 18-Hour Closure
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!