Lawsuit Just Filed In Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton resident Sheri Nikitas was enjoying a meal at The Standard, 187 SE Mizner Blvd., when an unsecured table umbrella fell, knocking her to the ground from a high-top. Nikitas sustained what she is calling serious injuries.
In a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Nikitas says “The Standard” had a duty to secure table umbrellas, but failed in this case. As a result, Nikitas says she sustained disfiguring injuries as a result of the incident on May 11th.
According to the complaint: “Sheri Nikitas fell and was injured in and about her body and extremities while seated and dining at an outside high top table at The Standard Cuisine and Cocktails when she was unexpectedly struck by an unsecured/loose umbrella, suffered pain therefore, physical and emotional handicaps; disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization,” and more.
The lawsuit seeks in excess of $30,000 which is the statutory minimum for filing in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
Nikitas is represented by Retamar and Malian in Deerfield Beach. The Standard, which officially is run as “187 SE Mizner LLC,” had not filed a response to the suit as of mid-morning Wednesday.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton
- Lacrosse Coach Claims Kid Makes State Team, Allegedly Steals Registration Fee
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.