BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The developing system now known as Subtropical Storm Nicole is expected to bring significant weather to South Florida. A Hurricane Watch is in effect that includes Palm Beach County and Broward County. In Pompano Beach, officials will distribute sandbags starting Tuesday morning.
“Due to the Hurricane Watch issued for Broward County, the City of Pompano Beach will be distributing sand bags across the street from Pompano Beach Airpark at 1660 NE 10th Street,” officials said in a news release issued mid-day Monday. “The sand bags are free for Pompano Beach residents with a maximum of up to ten bags per household. Proof of residency will be required.”
The sand bags will be distributed beginning at 8:00 a.m. until noon on a first-come-first-serve basis while supplies last.
Check back for Palm Beach County updates throughout the day.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police
- This Man Is A Predator, Police Say He’s In Boynton Beach
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Nephew’s Girlfriend With Broom, Jailed
- Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach 2024 Sping Graduation Dates Announced
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton