BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Get ready for more I-95 delays in South Palm Beach County. The Florida Department of Transportation is preparing to close I-95 northbound — in Boca Raton — for at least two nights this week. All northbound traffic will be forced to exit I-95, travel on feeder roads, then rejoin the interstate further north.
FDOT is explaining the detour this way: “I-95 northbound lanes at SR-808/Glades Road will be closed to traffic overnight, Tuesday, Nov. 15 through Thursday, Nov. 17 for bridge construction activities and overhead sign structure installation. The first lane will close at 9 p.m., the second lane will close at 10 p.m., and all lanes will be closed by 11 p.m., reopening by 5 a.m. each morning.
Traffic will be detoured via the northbound exit ramp to SR-808/Glades Road, US-1/Federal Highway and SR-794/Yamato Road. FHP will be onsite to assist motorists.”
Tha official FDOT map, above, helps visualize the detour and routing. We note that inclement weather could result in a schedule change, or additional nights being added to the closure schedule. Florida Highway Patrol is expected to be on the scene to assist confused motorists.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired