More Than $30K In Electronics Stolen, Found In North Broward County.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — An ex-employee of the T-Mobile store in the Boynton Beach Mall allegedly returned to the store after it closed for Hurricane Nicole — gained entrance — and stole $30,000 worth of phones and other electronics. But Nicolas Castellanos apparently forgot to turn off the GPS tracker that was mixed into the equipment he allegedly stole.
The tracker revealed that the equipment exited the store, moved down I-95, then became stationary at a house in the northern Broward County town of Margate. Video surveillance of the actual theft indicated the thief looked a lot like Castellanos who had recently been fired. Castellanos had allegedly texted other employees that he planned to “empty out” the safe. He still had a key to the store and access to the safe at the time of the burglary.
Police eventually met up with Castellanos outside his home when they executed a traffic stop. According to a report reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, a black bag was seen in the car — a bag containing 26 various iPhones.
Castellanos was charged with grand theft and the rarely used charge of “burglary to an unoccupied structure during a state of emergency” as the alleged crime was committed after the state of emergency was in effect due to the pending hurricane.
Nicolas Castellanos, of the 6900 block of Margate, was booked into the Palm Beach County jail and later released on $7500 bond.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton
- Lacrosse Coach Claims Kid Makes State Team, Allegedly Steals Registration Fee
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.