BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — An overnight car chase that started in Broward County ended near Patch Reef Park on Yamato Road. Three teens were taken into custody by the Boca Raton Police Department.
Investigators tell BocaNewsNow.com that Broward Sheriff’s Office Aviation officers were tracking a stolen black Acura that was heading northbound on I-95. The Acura exited at Spanish River Blvd. where it continued eastbound. The Acura then turned southbound on 6th Way and onto 35th Street where it continued southbound on NW 4th Avenue. The vehicle then turned westbound on West Glades Road where Boca Raton officers attempted a traffic stop. But the Acura fled at a high rate of speed and continue westbound on West Glades Road. The vehicle then turned on NW Executive Center Circle and onto Butts Road, then northbound on North Military Trail. The vehicle then made a U-Turn to go southbound at the 4900 block and turned westbound at the Gardens Cemetery where the vehicle hit the locked front gate.
All three suspects bailed from the car and ran northbound. A short time later. Boca Raton officers found a teen girl who was hiding in the grass, by a wall. She was taken into custody. Another suspect was located but only observed until a K9 arrived on the scene. That suspect was taken into custody. A third teen was found inside a shed behind an area home.
All three teens were taken into custody. The Acura was reported stolen out of Lee County. Due the ages of the teens involved, we are not publishing their names unless adult charges are filed.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton
- Lacrosse Coach Claims Kid Makes State Team, Allegedly Steals Registration Fee
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.