System Update Shuts Down Computer System.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A computer issue Wednesday morning hampered registration and digital record keeping at Baptist Health’s Boca Raton Regional Hospital. It was not immediately clear how many procedures or patients were affected. But much like the “computers aren’t working” episode of seemingly every hospital television drama ever made, doctors, nurses, and others at the hospital were forced to resort to “paper charting.” That led to delays as medical professionals did not have access to patient histories, records, drug allergies, and more.
Sources tell BocaNewsNow.com that the hospital’s IT department inexplicably decided to run an update during the 5 or 6 a.m. hour. Updates, according to sources reporting to BocaNewsNow.com, say that these updates are traditionally performed overnight to minimize patient impact. Outpatient procedure registration often starts as early as 5 a.m. at the hospital.
Michael Maucker, spokesperson for Baptist Health for Boca Raton Regional and the Bethesda Hospitals, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from BocaNewsNow.com.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital is in the midst of a huge renovation and expansion project that is expected to continue for at least the next two years. Baptist Health’s digital record system is considered groundbreaking, which only makes a system issue more problematic as professionals rely on on the health group’s technology.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection