ALLEGATION: Critical Injury Sustained After Bag Purchase.
BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — In August of 2020, COVID was still spreading across South Florida, but Yvelor Henry of Broward County apparently needed a new Louis Vuitton Bag. So with a group of friends, she went to Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall and entered the Luis Vuitton store.
While in the store, Henry claims that mall management company Simon Properties (NYSE: SPG) had its floor cleaner clean the mall floor outside the Louis Vuitton store by using a driving machine. Henry claims that although she never saw it personally, “witnesses” said the driver was “talking on his cell phone the entire time he was cleaning the floor … he made a couple of quick loops, not properly cleaning one side of the floor to the other … and he left to go clean another side of the mall without leaving a wet floor sign in the area.”
When Henry left the Luis Vuitton store, with new purse in her hands, she “slipped and fell hard on the latent liquid that was left on the floor due to the negligence of defendant…”
Yvelor Henry’s attorneys claim the woman suffered “permanent bodily injury resulting in pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life,” and more. She is suing Simon Property Group and its cleaning contractor, ERMC, LLC.
Neither Simon nor ERMC had responded to the suit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court as of 5:30 a.m. Thursday, December 1st. Read the complete complaint, below.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DOUBLE FATAL CRASH IN WEST BOCA RATON MAY HAVE BEEN DUI RELATED
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton