BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton pizza restaurant allegedly defaulted on its rent and is now being sued for more than $300,000.
Vivo Pizza and Pasta in Boca Raton Town Center is being sued by the corporate landlord for the property, Shoppes at Boca Center. According to the complaint reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com and published below, Vivo was in the midst of a more than $1M lease when it defaulted. The suit seeks $357,340.09.
“Vivo breached (the lease) by vacating and/or failing to operate,” wrote attorneys representing Shoppes at Boca Center. “Vivo breached by failing to pay. As a proximate result of Tenant’s breach, SCC Shoppes at Boca Center was damaged.”
If there is any good news for Vivo, it’s that the leasing agency was able to secure a new tenant for the space, reducing Vivo’s liability. The bad news, that new tenant won’t move in and start paying until August of 2023.
Read the complete complaint below. Vivo has ceased operations at the location listed as 5250 Town Center Circle, suites 129-131.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection