If Santa Flies Commercial, There’s Big Trouble Ahead…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE 5:35 p.m. — Delays and cancellations are increasing Saturday night. FLL now reports 91 cancellations with 283 delays. PBI reports 17 cancellations and 81 delays. MIA reports 51 cancellations and 187 delays.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Travel trouble continues at South Florida’s three major airports. According to data provided by FlightAware.com, as of 11 a.m. Christmas Eve, 58 flights have already been cancelled into and out of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Southwest cancelled 11 and delayed 47, Delta cancelled 11 and delayed 11, Spirit cancelled 9 and delayed 25, Allegiant cancelled 8 and delayed 6, Frontier cancelled 4 and delayed 1, United cancelled 3 and delayed 7, and JetBlue cancelled 3 and delayed 32.
At Miami International Airport, 38 flights are cancelled so far with 114 delays. Delta, Envoy, American, Frontier, and Spirit and Southwest top the list.
At Palm Beach International Airport, eight flights have been nixed as of 11 a.m. and 48 delayed. Delta cancelled 8 flights and delayed 3 so far, Air Canada delayed 3, Frontier delayed 3, JetBlue delayed 14, Spirit delayed 2, Southwest delayed 8, United delayed 7, and American delayed 8.
We encourage you to check airport flight boards before heading to the airport, and attempt to deal with any changes online. There is very little that you can not accomplish on an airline’s website or app — and it’s always much faster than sitting on hold for a telephone rep.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection