NOMINATED TO LEAD FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAY SAFETY AND MOTOR VEHICLES.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Palm Beach County Commissioner David Kerner, who came under fire as Palm Beach County Mayor for supporting Gov. Ron DeSantis’ often controversial COVID policies — was just given a major nomination by the Governor. Kerner — a Democrat — has had a very visible relationship with DeSantis, a Republican.
Governor Ron DeSantis’ office just issued this statement at 5:45 p.m. Thursday:
“Today, Governor Ron DeSantis nominated Dave Kerner as Executive Director of the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). Kerner is currently a Palm Beach County Commissioner and previously served as County Mayor for Palm Beach County.
Kerner will serve as Interim Executive Director until his nomination is brought before the Cabinet for final approval at the January 17, 2023, Cabinet meeting.
Governor DeSantis also announced his appointment of Michael Barnett to fill the vacancy on the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners created by Kerner’s appointment.”
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell
- Complete Closure Of Glades Road and I-95 Set For Entire Weekend
- Valencia Bay Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes For Unsafe Garage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash On I-95 Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Drives On Sidewalk Near Super 8 Motel, Arrested
- GUNFIRE LEADS TO MURDER ON MILITARY TRAIL
- Girl Hits Wall Driving Go-Kart At Boomers Boca, Parent Sues For $50,000