Palm Beach International Airport Stops Operations As Threat Is Investigated.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A bomb threat Tuesday night at Palm Beach International Airport shut down a large portion of the airport as investigators worked to determine whether the threat was real, or not. By the time it was over, the FBI was involved and a suspect may be facing charges.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office issued this statement late Tuesday evening: “PBSO deputies assigned to the airport, PBSO Bomb & Arson detectives and FBI agents responded to concourse C where a passenger made a verbal threat that he had a bomb in his bag(s). All patrons in the Concourse C area were evacuated to the terminal area. A thorough search of the plane (Frontier airline) and the concourse area was conducted which met with negative results. Shortly before 8:00 pm all passengers were allowed to re-enter the concourse C area.”
The person who made the alleged threat was quested by the FBI and the passenger was detained. Federal charges may be pending against the person involved.
Despite sign warning customers of the consequences of making threats, there are still several instance each year in South Florida airports where disgruntled passengers — sometimes over bag fees, other times over seat assignments — make comments that are considered “explosive ordinance device” threats. Protocol requires an evacuation and investigation before normal airport operations are permitted to resume.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection