BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A crash in North Broward County five days ago just became a fatality. A woman involved in the January 19th crash was just pronounced dead.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office issued this statement Thursday afternoon:
“At approximately 12:36 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 19, Broward County Regional Communications received a crash with injuries call near the 1100 block of West Copans Road in Pompano Beach. BSO deputies and Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded to investigate.
The preliminary investigation revealed Erica Hilaire and a female passenger were traveling westbound in a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe on Copans Road. At some point, the Hyundai drifted off the north side of the roadway and struck a utility pole. After hitting the pole, the vehicle redirected back into the roadway, where it struck a 2014 GMC Sierra that was also traveling westbound on Copans Road.
According to investigators, paramedics transported the occupants of the Hyundai, Hilaire and a female passenger, to Broward Health North for treatment. Detectives say Hilaire’s injuries were listed as minor, and the female passenger’s injuries were deemed life-threatening. The female passenger was pronounced deceased on Wednesday, Jan. 25.”
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell
- Complete Closure Of Glades Road and I-95 Set For Entire Weekend
- Valencia Bay Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes For Unsafe Garage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash On I-95 Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Drives On Sidewalk Near Super 8 Motel, Arrested
- GUNFIRE LEADS TO MURDER ON MILITARY TRAIL
- Girl Hits Wall Driving Go-Kart At Boomers Boca, Parent Sues For $50,000