BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Two Boynton Beach homeowners — and vacation rental company AIRBNB — are all facing a lawsuit in Palm Beach County after two AIRBNB “guests” were allegedly injured in a broken hammock.
The suit, just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, alleges that Wendy and Mark Block — both Broward County residents — were staying in a home owned by Michael Scott and Thomas Riker at 221 SE 4th Avenue in Boynton. Scott and Riker were “hosts,” according to the suit, for AIRBNB. A “host” is how AIRBNB describes the people authorized to rent out their home. A lawsuit is merely an allegation.
While staying the AIRBNB, Wendy Block and Mark Block allegedly tried to use the hammock on the property, but upon getting into the hammock, it apparently broke. The Blocks, according to the suit, fell to the ground. Wendy Block and Mark Block both sustained what the suit describes as critical injuries.
The suit seeks damages in excess of $30,000 from Thomas Riker, Michael Scott, and AIRBNB, Inc. It claims they should have known that the hammock was unsafe and either fixed the hammock or removed it. The Blocks are represented by Glen Levine of Andijar and Levine. Read the complete filing, below. We note that a lawsuit is merely an allegation.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: GLADES ROAD TO COMPLETELY CLOSE AT I-95 ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Palm Beach County Lawyer Nabbed While Downloading Child Pornography
- MURDER IN WEST DELRAY BEACH, POLICE INVESTIGATING
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: More Arrests, More Often As Another Is Locked Up
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector