BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton man is facing a DUI charge following his arrest on Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach early Saturday morning.
Michael Amato, 29, was taken into custody just before 12:30 Saturday morning by Delray Beach Police in the area of 1 East Atlantic Avenue. It was not immediately clear what led to his interaction with police. Amato, according to a citation reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, refused to submit to a field sobriety test or a breath alcohol test.
Amato, of the 100 block of NW 7th Street in Boca Raton, was arrested and booked into the Palm Beach County. He was locked up around 4:30 Saturday morning and released on his own recognizance a few hours later.
Amato’s license was suspended on the spot and returned to the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles. The citation issued states that he is not eligible for a permit. A court date for Amato is pending. The arrest report is still being processed early Monday morning.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell
- Complete Closure Of Glades Road and I-95 Set For Entire Weekend
- Valencia Bay Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes For Unsafe Garage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash On I-95 Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Drives On Sidewalk Near Super 8 Motel, Arrested
- GUNFIRE LEADS TO MURDER ON MILITARY TRAIL
- Girl Hits Wall Driving Go-Kart At Boomers Boca, Parent Sues For $50,000