Lawsuit Filed Against Hospital, Anesthesia Group. Pancreas Surgery Allegedly Leaves Man Blind In One Eye.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A medical malpractice lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court alleges that actions occurring by an anesthesia group practicing at Boca Raton Regional Hospital left a man blind in one eye.
Jeffrey Davis alleges that Boca Anesthesia Service, Inc, mismanaged his anesthesia during a multi-hour procedure at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. Suffering from documented hypertension, the suit alleges that the doctors managing his anesthesia did not factor his condition into their care plan when they administered anesthesia. As a result, Davis claims that he lost vision in his left eye upon waking up after surgery involving his pancreas.
Multiple doctors are named in the lawsuit which you can read, in its entirety, below. We note that a lawsuit is only an allegation.
Davis claims permanent bodily injury, loss of capacity for enjoyment of life, expense of nursing care, mental anguish, need for medical and nursing care, and other issues as a result of the alleged malpractice. Neither the hospital nor the anesthesia group filed a response to the suit as of early Friday morning.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell
- Complete Closure Of Glades Road and I-95 Set For Entire Weekend
- Valencia Bay Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes For Unsafe Garage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash On I-95 Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Drives On Sidewalk Near Super 8 Motel, Arrested
- GUNFIRE LEADS TO MURDER ON MILITARY TRAIL
- Girl Hits Wall Driving Go-Kart At Boomers Boca, Parent Sues For $50,000