Cops Allege Speeding, Inability To Stay In Lane During Pre-Dawn Stop…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton resident Jean Da Rocha is facing a DUI charge — and received multiple citations — after a traffic stop initiated by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
While the arrest report continues to be processed Monday afternoon, BocaNewsNow.com reviewed multiple tickets issued against Da Rocha during the traffic stop on February 16th. According to those citations, Da Rocha was stopped in the area of Southern Boulevard near Congress Avenue after she allegedly couldn’t keep her 2023 Red Toyota in a single lane around 3:20 in the morning.
According to the citations, Da Rocha was speeding — driving 70 miles per hour in a 55 mile per hour zone. When deputies interacted with her, they allegedly determined that she was under the influence of something and arrested her at that time. There is no indication that she provided a breath alcohol sample during the arrest process. Her license was suspended on the spot.
Da Rocha, 33, of the 500 block of NW 54th Street, was jailed on the DUI charge. She was booked into jail at 4:29 in the morning and released later on February 16th — around 1:40 p.m. A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell
- Complete Closure Of Glades Road and I-95 Set For Entire Weekend
- Valencia Bay Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes For Unsafe Garage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash On I-95 Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Drives On Sidewalk Near Super 8 Motel, Arrested
- GUNFIRE LEADS TO MURDER ON MILITARY TRAIL
- Girl Hits Wall Driving Go-Kart At Boomers Boca, Parent Sues For $50,000