Delray Beach Senior Living Community Loses Another In Firey, Deadly Crash.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The fiery crash that left one woman dead last Friday in the Delray Beach senior living community of Kings Point just claimed a second life.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office tells BocaNewsNow.com that the driver of the vehicle that jumped a curb, drove through shrubbery, crashed into a building, and caught on fire died on Wednesday. The man’s wife died in the inferno at the scene.
The victims are identified as Joseph and Joyce Zaleone. Joseph was 76. Joyce was 81. They apparently both lived in Kings Point, even though Joyce’s official address is in Belle Glade.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office shared this as the official narrative of the deadly crash: “On Friday, February 17, 2023, at approximately 4:41 p.m., the driver of V-1 (a Honda sedan), Joseph Zanleone, was driving westbound on Monaco Boulevard from Jog Road. For unknown reason(s), the driver of V-1 failed to maintain control of his vehicle as he accelerated rapidly. D-1 ran a stop sign, drove through a hedge line and roadway sign, a cement planter, and finally into a residential building at 529 Brittany L. The passenger in V-1, Joyce Zanleone, died from injuries sustained during this crash. She was transported to the Palm Beach County Medical Examiner’s Office. The driver of V-1 was transported to Delray Medical Center for treatment of his serious injuries.”
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week
- Major I-95, Glades Road Traffic Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton
- Anti-Muslim Conservative Laura Loomer Sues Attorneys In Palm Beach County Court
- Cheerleader In Bikini Jailed For DUI In Delray Beach, Driving Strapless
- ALERT: SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING ISSUED FOR SOUTH PALM BEACH COUNTY