BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A massive house fire in West Boca Raton Thursday morning sent four residents to the hospital, two in critical condition.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that the fire broke out around 9:45 in the home at 8710 Eagle Run Drive in Boca Raton. That’s just north of Glades Road and east of Lyons Road in the Wedgewood Estates community.
Firefighters found a blaze upon arrival and learned that multiple people were inside. One person, according to sources familiar with the response, sustained burns to 75 percent of his body. He was rushed to the football field at Olympic Heights high school, just blocks away, where Trauma Hawk landed to airlift him to Delray Medical Center. Another person sustained burns. Two additional people sustain varied levels of smoke inhalation.
The cause of the blaze is unclear as of mid-day Thursday. A fire investigator is on the scene starting an investigation.
The home is roughly 2700 square feet and has been in the same family, according to public records, since it was built in the late 1980s.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week
- Major I-95, Glades Road Traffic Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton
- Anti-Muslim Conservative Laura Loomer Sues Attorneys In Palm Beach County Court
- Cheerleader In Bikini Jailed For DUI In Delray Beach, Driving Strapless
- ALERT: SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING ISSUED FOR SOUTH PALM BEACH COUNTY