BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boynton Beach police officer was terminated on Friday after investigators determined he was engaged in what the department is calling an inappropriate relationship.
Boynton Beach Police issued this statement early Friday:
The Boynton Beach Police Department has terminated Police Officer Patrick Monteith. The termination stems from a complaint received by the Boynton Beach Police Departments Internal Affairs Division on April 25, 2022, regarding an inappropriate relationship involving Officer Monteith. The investigation determined Officer Monteith was in violation of four department rules and regulations, one being Conduct Unbecoming of a Police Officer; a fireable offense. Other violations include: Abuse of Process, Attentiveness to Duty, and a violation of the Law Enforcement Officers Code of Ethics.
“The violations by Officer Patrick Monteith are completely unacceptable and go against the departments core values. Our police officers are held to a higher standard and this type of behavior will not be accepted or tolerated.” Said police Chief Joseph DeGiulio.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week
- Major I-95, Glades Road Traffic Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton
- Anti-Muslim Conservative Laura Loomer Sues Attorneys In Palm Beach County Court
- Cheerleader In Bikini Jailed For DUI In Delray Beach, Driving Strapless
- ALERT: SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING ISSUED FOR SOUTH PALM BEACH COUNTY