While Delivering Washer and Dryer, Boca Raton Best Buy Worker Killed 75-Year-Old Woman, Beat Her, Burned Her.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s officially life in prison for Jorge Dupre Lachazo, the 24 year old delivery driver for Best Buy who bludgeoned and burned a a 75-year-old Boca Raton woman during a dryer delivery in 2019. Evelyn Udell lived in the Colonnade at Glen Oaks in Boca.
Wednesday’s sentencing was just a formality. Lachazo was convicted back in January and his sentence was a given, due to Florida statutes. Circuit Judge Dallas Weiss made the sentence official on Wednesday.
As we previously reported, “Jorge Lachazo was working with another man when they delivered the washer and dryer to Evelyn Udell on August 20th, 2019. The man went outside and later told police he heard screams and smelled smoke. Police learned quickly that Lachazo had smashed Udell with a mallet, and then set her body on fire with paint thinner.”
Lachazo was convicted of first degree murder, burglary with assault or battery while armed, and first degree arson. He lived in Hialeah before his arrest.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week
- Major I-95, Glades Road Traffic Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton
- Anti-Muslim Conservative Laura Loomer Sues Attorneys In Palm Beach County Court
- Cheerleader In Bikini Jailed For DUI In Delray Beach, Driving Strapless
- ALERT: SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING ISSUED FOR SOUTH PALM BEACH COUNTY