BY: LITIGATION DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Encore at Boca Raton — a rehabilitation and nursing center — is being sued again, this time for negligent care of a patient. Encore is frequently sued by families of patients who are injured or who die in the facility. See our previous coverage here.
In the latest suit, a relative of Dieugrand Joseph claims that care that Dieugrand received was horrific — and led to health problems that allegedly did not exist when he entered the facility. From the lawsuit reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com:
“During DIEUGRAND JOSEPH’s residency at The Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, the staff and employees failed to develop an adequate care plan and properly monitor and supervise the care and treatment provided to DIEUGRAND JOSEPH in order to prevent him from suffering traumatic injuries to his feet; skin breakdown; and, significant weight loss. As a direct result of ENCORE’s acts and omissions, DIEUGRAND JOSEPH suffered traumatic injuries to his feet; skin breakdown; and, significant weight loss.”
The suit also claims that Encore violated Florida statutes relating to patient care in medical and rehabilitation facilities. The suit seeks in excess of the $30,000 statutory minimum for filing in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. Mr. Joseph is represented by Ford, Dean and Rotundo of North Miami Beach.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week
- Major I-95, Glades Road Traffic Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton
- Anti-Muslim Conservative Laura Loomer Sues Attorneys In Palm Beach County Court
- Cheerleader In Bikini Jailed For DUI In Delray Beach, Driving Strapless
- ALERT: SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING ISSUED FOR SOUTH PALM BEACH COUNTY