POLICE: Man Drove In Front Of Car Which Had Right Of Way. Mobility Scooter, and Man, “Vaulted Into Air.”
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Delray Beach man is dead after police say he drove his mobility scooter in front of a car.
The incident happened Monday afternoon in the area of South Jog Road and South Oriole Boulevard in Delray Beach. According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, Robert Kleinzweig, 77, was “attempting to traverse the intersection from east to west while in a marked pedestrian crosswalk. As Kleinzweig attempted to traverse the intersection, (he) crossed directly within the lane of travel.”
The lane of travel was occupied by Lori Friedman, 68, driving a 2005 Honda Civic. She hit the front of Kleinzweig’s scooter.
“Kleinzweig was vaulted into the air, along with his mobility scooter, and came to rest directly south of the front of the Honda Civic, within the center lane of South Jog Road.” He was pronounced dead.
Mr. Kleinzweig lived int he 14000 block of Bonaire Boulevard in Delray Beach. Lori Friedman lives in the 7300 block of Amberly Lane in Delray Beach, according to police.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week
- Major I-95, Glades Road Traffic Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton
- Anti-Muslim Conservative Laura Loomer Sues Attorneys In Palm Beach County Court
- Cheerleader In Bikini Jailed For DUI In Delray Beach, Driving Strapless
- ALERT: SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING ISSUED FOR SOUTH PALM BEACH COUNTY