BY: SEVEN BRIDGES BUREAU | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A postal worker with the United States Postal Service apparently lost control of her postal van and slammed into a palm tree in the West Delray Beach community of Seven Bridges Tuesday afternoon.
The woman was transported to an area hospital with leg injuries. It was not immediately clear how — or why — she drove the postal van into an immobile palm tree. While bizarre, she is not the first person to drive into a palm tree — or light post — in the Seven Bridges community. She is, however, the first person to do it in an official government vehicle.
Another driver was also involved in the Tuesday afternoon crash but sustained no injuries.
The United States Postal Service — in rain, sleet, snow, and palm tree crash, still efforted to get the mail delivered. Another van was sent to the scene with a worker who took the mail and continued delivery duties. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the crash.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION FORMS: In Gulf of Mexico, West Of Florida
- Seven Bridges Delray Beach Resident Arrested In West Palm Beach
- NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER: System In Gulf Is Developing
- Valencia Isles Sues Homeowner, Renter Over “Outrageous Behavior”
- National Hurricane Center Still Watching System In Gulf
- A Predator Just Moved To A New Neighborhood, PBSO Wants You To Know Where
- STRANGULATION ARREST: Delray Beach Man Fights With Wife Over Lunchbox
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System In Gulf, Florida In Extended Forecast
- WHERE IS HALEY? Broward Detectives Looking For Missing 15-Year-Old Girl