BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Weather Service just issued an advisory (at 8:01 p.m. Tuesday) for strong thunderstorms moving through the area. Here is the official advisory:
Inland Broward County FL-Coastal Broward County FL- Coastal Palm Beach County FL-Metro Broward County FL- Inland Palm Beach County FL-Metro Palm Beach County FL- 801 PM EDT Tue Apr 25 2023 ...Strong thunderstorms will impact portions of northern Broward and southeastern Palm Beach Counties through 845 PM EDT... At 801 PM EDT, National Weather Service meteorologists were tracking strong thunderstorms along a line extending from near Lion Country Safari Park to near Loxahatchee NWR. Movement was southeast at 25 mph. HAZARD...Winds in excess of 40 mph and pea size hail. SOURCE...Radar indicated. IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around unsecured objects. Minor damage to outdoor objects is possible. Locations impacted include... Coral Springs, West Palm Beach, Pompano Beach, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Wellington, Lake Worth, Lighthouse Point, Palm Beach, Highland Beach, Ocean Ridge, Coconut Creek, Greenacres, Royal Palm Beach, Parkland, Palm Springs, Lantana and Atlantis. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... These winds can down small tree limbs and branches, and blow around unsecured small objects. Seek shelter in a safe building until the storm passes. Torrential rainfall is also occurring with these storms and may lead to localized flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flooded roadways. Frequent cloud to ground lightning is occurring with these storms. Lightning can strike 10 miles away from a thunderstorm. Seek a safe shelter inside a building or vehicle.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION FORMS: In Gulf of Mexico, West Of Florida
- Seven Bridges Delray Beach Resident Arrested In West Palm Beach
- NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER: System In Gulf Is Developing
- Valencia Isles Sues Homeowner, Renter Over “Outrageous Behavior”
- National Hurricane Center Still Watching System In Gulf
- A Predator Just Moved To A New Neighborhood, PBSO Wants You To Know Where
- STRANGULATION ARREST: Delray Beach Man Fights With Wife Over Lunchbox
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System In Gulf, Florida In Extended Forecast
- WHERE IS HALEY? Broward Detectives Looking For Missing 15-Year-Old Girl