BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It is still not expected to become anything that threatens South Florida, but the third monitored tropical system of the year — and the second of the 2023 Atlantic Hurricane Season which just started on June 1st — continues to be watched.
The following is the Tuesday update from the National Hurricane Center: Northeastern Atlantic Ocean: A complex, non-tropical area of low pressure located between the Azores and Canary Islands is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms with winds to gale force over the northeastern Atlantic Ocean.
This system could acquire some subtropical characteristics during the next day or so while it meanders to the east and southeast of the Azores. By late Wednesday, the system is forecast to move northeastward over cooler waters, and further development is not expected.
Regardless of development, heavy rains and gusty winds will continue across portions of the Canary Islands, Madeira Island, and the Azores over the next day or so.
For additional information on this system, see products issued by the State Meteorological Agency of Spain, the Portuguese Institute of the Sea and Atmosphere, and High Seas Forecasts issued by Meteo France. * Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent. * Formation chance through 7 days…low…10 percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy, Getting Busier, Two Systems East Of Florida
- CHOPS Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector, Vents Soiled
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Child Abuse After Fight With Sibling
- Palm Beach Schools: If Students Lie About Address To Play Sports, They’ll Be Banned
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police