BY: 24/7 CRIME DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: Katz was released from the Palm Beach County Jail at 10:40 a.m. A ticket obtained by BocaNewsNow.com indicates she was stopped in the area of 400 South Federal Highway at 2:13 Sunday morning. She was driving a 2018 white Chevrolet SUV. Her licensed was suspended during the stop. The reason given: “(BAC) over .08.”
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman is starting her Sunday behind bars, as a temporary resident of the Palm Beach County Jail.
Boca Raton Police arrested Elisa Katz of the 10800 block of Fox Glen Drive in Boca Raton early Sunday morning on a charge of DUI. She was booked into jail at 5:45 a.m. and remained incarcerated as of 10 a.m.
The affidavit of probable cause had not been processed by the Palm Beach County Clerk of Court as of early Sunday. It was not immediately clear where Katz was arrested, what vehicle she was allegedly driving at the time of her arrest, whether or not she submitted to a breath or blood alcohol test, or what led police to believe that she was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Katz, 60, has just one record logged by the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts. She entered a guilty plea to driving without insurance in 2022. She paid a civil penalty and the case was closed. We will update once the details of her arrested on Sunday, September 17th, 2023, are released.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man Charged With DUI Minutes After Leaving Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting
- HURRICANE CENTER: Depression Forming East Of Florida As Ophelia Moves Up Coast
- Body Found In Boca Gardens Blaze, One Person Dead
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Resident Arrested, Jailed From Delray Beach Home
- ALERT: Brightline Strikes Pedestrian In Delray Beach, Expect Traffic Issues
- Postal Worker Robbed At Gunpoint In West Boca Raton, Investigation Continues
- Realtor Sues Boca Raton Woman Who Refuses To Sell Her Home
- Palm Beach County Resident Guilty Of Fentanyl Distribution, Federal Prison
- Delray Beach Woman, 80, Slams Into Cars, Building, Son Says She Drank