BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2023 MetroDesk Media, LLC) (Updated 4:30 p.m.) — Nothing to worry about yet, but another tropical depression may be in the early stages of formation — according to the National Hurricane Center Sunday morning. The system, marked by the orange oval above, has a 40-percent chance of forming over the next week. We remind our readers that an oval indicates where a system may form, but not necessarily a direction of travel.
We are now in the back-half of Hurricane Season. That means the focus tends to shift from the coast of Africa — in the far Atlantic — to the Caribbean, much closer to home. That often means storms form, and move, with significantly less prep time. That said, there is nothing of note right now in the Caribbean. There is the Sunday update from the NHC
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 PM EDT Sun Sep 17 2023 For the North Atlantic… Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: Active Systems: The National Hurricane Center has issued the last advisory on Post-Tropical Cyclone Lee, which is near Newfoundland, and has also issued the last advisory on Post-Tropical Cyclone Margot, located over the central subtropical Atlantic.
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Nigel, located over the central Atlantic. 1. Eastern Tropical Atlantic: A tropical wave is forecast to move off the west coast of Africa by Wednesday.
Gradual development of the wave will be possible thereafter and a tropical depression could form late this week or next weekend while the system moves westward across the eastern tropical Atlantic. * Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent. * Formation chance through 7 days…medium…40 percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Airline Sues Pilot Over Leaving Low Paying Job
- Kings Point Delray Beach Cocaine Dealer Back In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: Rina And Philippe Remain East Of Florida, New Wave May Form
- Toilet Talk! This Guy Wants Everyone To Hear What He’s Saying In Airport Lounge
- Arrest Made In North Broward Movie Theater Beating
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Drug, Weapon Charges
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Tropical Storms East Of Florida, Another Wave Developing
- Major Police Activity In West Boca Raton’s Lotus Community
- Stonebridge Country Club Boca Raton Initiates Foreclosure Over $2100