Skip to content

Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected

FLORIDA COVID-19 reporting from BocaNewsNow.com

BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Commission is speeding up certain elements of “phase 2,” including bars, strip clubs, and a hookah lounges.

From Palm Beach County (official advisory):

On Thursday, September 25 at a meeting of the Palm Beach County Commissioners, County Administrator Verdenia Baker updated the Board on a revised Phase Two Plan on recommended businesses to re-open. The revised plan was drafted based on direction provided at the September 15 meeting of the Board and with input provided by the Executive Policy Group earlier this week. At today’s meeting, the Board directed staff to modify the timeline to re-open venues earlier than previously contemplated.

The new timeline for opening venues will be permitted as follows:

·         Effective September 25:

o    All restrictions related to operating hours of establishments will be lifted.

·         Effective September 28:

o    Auditoriums, bingo parlors, comedy clubs, concert houses and playhouses will be able to be open at 50% capacity, other guidelines will be issued accordingly. 

o    Adult entertainment/Strip clubs will be able to resume entertainment activities with certain restrictions.

·         Effective October 5:

o    Bars, hookah, cigars and other smoking bars will be able to re-open at 50% capacity with other guidelines to be issued accordingly.

The opening of nightclubs will require authorization of Governor Ron DeSantis and the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

1 thought on “Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected”

  1. These numskulls are the epitome of incompetence. Kava bars have been allowed to operate 24/7… the only difference, alcohol. Also, there has been ZERO enforcement of the mandate requirement for masks and social distancing. The County Commission that runs our public transportation (Palm Tran) does not require drivers to perform ministerial duties of enforcement and this is a possible source of super spreading the virus in the county. PBSO has already announced they DO NOT enforce mask mandate or social distancing for individuals, but hey, after destroying an industry, let’s let CITIZENS make a choice and have a drink. To our incompetent local leaders I give a one finger salute on their handling of COVID-19.

Comments are closed.

Have an announcement that's not quite news? BocaNewsNow.com can help spread the word. CLICK HERE, LEARN MORE. We have millions of page interactions each month. This is a great place for your press releases or advertisement.

Sign Up Here for our free nightly newsletter and breaking news email alerts. Click Here. We won't spam you. Unsubscribe anytime.

ATTENTION PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS: More than 200 of the nation's leading personal injury attorneys rely on this expert to dramatically increase value in injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, truck accident, and other major cases. LEARN MORE NOW.