BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There was a dramatic drop in new Florida COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, but it’s unclear if the numbers are accurate. The Florida Health Department shows NO cases — at all — in the State of Florida on its “dashboard” early Thursday morning, suggesting a tech error which then draws other numbers reported by the agency into question.
The most recent numbers revealed by the state indicated 28,576 infected with 927 deaths.
Assuming the tech issues are isolated to total infected and deaths, the “new” case count was just 468 on Wednesday — a significant drop from 921 the day before. We always like to point out that while certainly good news, the “new case” numbers are completely based on how many tests are administered. Fewer tests directly means fewer positives. The previous day’s “new” case count tends to be updated several hours after the first wave of numbers is reported.
UPDATE: The drop wasn’t so great, after all. Latest, here.
The Palm Beach County numbers do appear to be accurate early Thursday. Countywide, 2,413 people are confirmed positive for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. The death count is 135. The median age of the infected is 56. 1,188 identify as male, 1,169 identify as female. One person is “unknown.” By race: 309 identify as black, 883 as white, 170 as other, 996 as “unknown.”
By ethnicity: 282 identify as Hispanic, 972 as non-Hispanic, 1,104 as “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, at least 374 people have tested positive for COVID-19, 315 in Boynton Beach and 298 in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges