BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are not planning to publish every voicemail or call we receive — it seems the golfers in Boca are quite angry that they can’t golf — but we are reporting the sentiment that is growing against Palm Beach County officials for their lockdown order.
We published two voicemails that we’ve received — you can listen to them here.
This is part of the text of another call we received Thursday morning from a passionate, well-spoken woman.
“There are way more people who are like that man that is angry that is about the golf course being closed and for what reason? It’s ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous that people can’t get out and play golf and be healthy.”
“There is an agenda here and it is to divide and destroy and keep people from the freedom that we all have a right to, so I am angry with you.”
(“You” is BocaNewsNow.com).
Executive orders in Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County prohibit golf courses, public pools — even community “HOA” pools — beaches and other public places from operating or being open. While that may change in the not-too-distant future, the belief is that keeping people from congregating will slow the spread of COVID-19.
Officials point not just to golfers, but the support system needed for golf courses to operate — people need to maintain golf carts, offices, grounds and facilities.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart