BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are not planning to publish every voicemail or call we receive — it seems the golfers in Boca are quite angry that they can’t golf — but we are reporting the sentiment that is growing against Palm Beach County officials for their lockdown order.
We published two voicemails that we’ve received — you can listen to them here.
This is part of the text of another call we received Thursday morning from a passionate, well-spoken woman.
“There are way more people who are like that man that is angry that is about the golf course being closed and for what reason? It’s ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous that people can’t get out and play golf and be healthy.”
“There is an agenda here and it is to divide and destroy and keep people from the freedom that we all have a right to, so I am angry with you.”
(“You” is BocaNewsNow.com).
Executive orders in Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County prohibit golf courses, public pools — even community “HOA” pools — beaches and other public places from operating or being open. While that may change in the not-too-distant future, the belief is that keeping people from congregating will slow the spread of COVID-19.
Officials point not just to golfers, but the support system needed for golf courses to operate — people need to maintain golf carts, offices, grounds and facilities.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”