Although Numbers Are Updated Later In Day, Drop Is Significant
UPDATE April 26, 2020 at 1:30 p.m. New numbers reveal a dramatic change from these early numbers. Click here for latest.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first look at Sunday numbers shows an increase in total cases in Florida — it’s now at least 30,839 — but a substantial drop in new cases.
We stress that the “new case” number is completely based on how many tests are administered and the “day before” number almost always rises in subsequent reports. But today’s first look is encouraging. There were 784 new cases on Friday but just 128 on Saturday. That makes Saturday the lowest “new case” day since tabulating began.
The death count in Florida is now 1,055 and the hospitalization count is 4,849.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,614 have tested positive for COVID-19 and the death count is 155. At least 400 people are — or have been — hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues.
There is a new number that we now have access to — it’s the percent positive. In Palm Beach County over the past 15 days or so, the highest number of positive results was never higher than 24 percent. To put it another way, there was never a day where more than 24 people would have tested positive out of every 100 tests administered.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is holding at 56. The gender breakdown shows 1,288 male and 1,267 female. One person is listed as “no data.”
By race: 330 of those infected identify as black, 920 as white, 185 as “other” and 1,121 are “unknown.”
By ethnicity: 309 identify as Hispanic, 1018 as “Not Hispanic,” and 1,229 as “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, the infected count is now at least 401, in Boynton Beach it’s 340 and in Delray Beach it’s 315.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON
- Boca Raton Dark Web Drug Dealer Sentenced
- Stalking Charge For Delray Beach “Marriage Professor” After Told To Leave Neighbor Alone
- North Broward County Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
- Woman Sues Boca Raton Town Center Mall Over Louis Vuitton Bag Incident
- OUT: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday