SARASOTA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Our readers in Sarasota County have asked for an update on local nursing homes and rehab facilities.
According to the latest report from the Florida Department of Health: Sarasota Point Rehabilitation Center is reporting 10 resident deaths from COVID-19. Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota is reporting 8 resident deaths. Angels Senior Living Center at Sarasota reports 3 COVID-19 deaths, as does Springs at Lake Pointe Woods in Sarasota.
For infections: keep in mind there may be overlap in the Department of Health numbers — it is unclear if officials are counting an infection leading to death as both an “infection” and a “death.”
There are two facilities with a significant number of infections. Sarasota Point Rehabilitation Center is showing 10 resident infections and 6 staff member infections. Crossbreeze Care Center is showing that ten residents were transferred out of the facility with COVID-19 infections. And Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota is also show ten residents transferred out with COVID-19.
Also in Sarasota County: Springs at Lake Pointe Woods is showing 7 residents transferred out with confirmed COVID-19.
Questions about your part of Florida? Email news(at)bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing