SARASOTA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Our readers in Sarasota County have asked for an update on local nursing homes and rehab facilities.
According to the latest report from the Florida Department of Health: Sarasota Point Rehabilitation Center is reporting 10 resident deaths from COVID-19. Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota is reporting 8 resident deaths. Angels Senior Living Center at Sarasota reports 3 COVID-19 deaths, as does Springs at Lake Pointe Woods in Sarasota.
For infections: keep in mind there may be overlap in the Department of Health numbers — it is unclear if officials are counting an infection leading to death as both an “infection” and a “death.”
There are two facilities with a significant number of infections. Sarasota Point Rehabilitation Center is showing 10 resident infections and 6 staff member infections. Crossbreeze Care Center is showing that ten residents were transferred out of the facility with COVID-19 infections. And Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota is also show ten residents transferred out with COVID-19.
Also in Sarasota County: Springs at Lake Pointe Woods is showing 7 residents transferred out with confirmed COVID-19.
Questions about your part of Florida? Email news(at)bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PUBLIX: No Proof Of Florida Residency, No COVID Shot For You
- COVID Surging In Palm Beach County Schools
- Feds Arrest Man In Palm Beach County For Election Interference
- Boca Bagel Bar Brawl Lands One Man In Jail
- Palm Beach Schools: Now 1930 COVID Cases As Boca High Surges
- Boca, Delray ICU Situation Remains Poor, COVID Count High
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges