SARASOTA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Our readers in Sarasota County have asked for an update on local nursing homes and rehab facilities.
According to the latest report from the Florida Department of Health: Sarasota Point Rehabilitation Center is reporting 10 resident deaths from COVID-19. Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota is reporting 8 resident deaths. Angels Senior Living Center at Sarasota reports 3 COVID-19 deaths, as does Springs at Lake Pointe Woods in Sarasota.
For infections: keep in mind there may be overlap in the Department of Health numbers — it is unclear if officials are counting an infection leading to death as both an “infection” and a “death.”
There are two facilities with a significant number of infections. Sarasota Point Rehabilitation Center is showing 10 resident infections and 6 staff member infections. Crossbreeze Care Center is showing that ten residents were transferred out of the facility with COVID-19 infections. And Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota is also show ten residents transferred out with COVID-19.
Also in Sarasota County: Springs at Lake Pointe Woods is showing 7 residents transferred out with confirmed COVID-19.
Questions about your part of Florida? Email news(at)bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton