SARASOTA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Our readers in Sarasota County have asked for an update on local nursing homes and rehab facilities.
According to the latest report from the Florida Department of Health: Sarasota Point Rehabilitation Center is reporting 10 resident deaths from COVID-19. Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota is reporting 8 resident deaths. Angels Senior Living Center at Sarasota reports 3 COVID-19 deaths, as does Springs at Lake Pointe Woods in Sarasota.
For infections: keep in mind there may be overlap in the Department of Health numbers — it is unclear if officials are counting an infection leading to death as both an “infection” and a “death.”
There are two facilities with a significant number of infections. Sarasota Point Rehabilitation Center is showing 10 resident infections and 6 staff member infections. Crossbreeze Care Center is showing that ten residents were transferred out of the facility with COVID-19 infections. And Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota is also show ten residents transferred out with COVID-19.
Also in Sarasota County: Springs at Lake Pointe Woods is showing 7 residents transferred out with confirmed COVID-19.
Questions about your part of Florida? Email news(at)bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low