SARASOTA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Our readers in Sarasota County have asked for an update on local nursing homes and rehab facilities.
According to the latest report from the Florida Department of Health: Sarasota Point Rehabilitation Center is reporting 10 resident deaths from COVID-19. Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota is reporting 8 resident deaths. Angels Senior Living Center at Sarasota reports 3 COVID-19 deaths, as does Springs at Lake Pointe Woods in Sarasota.
For infections: keep in mind there may be overlap in the Department of Health numbers — it is unclear if officials are counting an infection leading to death as both an “infection” and a “death.”
There are two facilities with a significant number of infections. Sarasota Point Rehabilitation Center is showing 10 resident infections and 6 staff member infections. Crossbreeze Care Center is showing that ten residents were transferred out of the facility with COVID-19 infections. And Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota is also show ten residents transferred out with COVID-19.
Also in Sarasota County: Springs at Lake Pointe Woods is showing 7 residents transferred out with confirmed COVID-19.
Questions about your part of Florida? Email news(at)bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles