BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners verbatim advisory) — The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) approved the CARES Restart Business Grants Program on May 15, 2020 to accelerate the reopening of businesses hardest hit by COVID-19.
The $60 million Business Restart Program uses a portion of the county’s $261 million allocation from the Federal CARES Act approved by Congress. The BCC has dedicated $50 million toward businesses with 25 or fewer employees and $10 million towards businesses with greater than 25 employees.
The program guidelines, including eligibility criteria, are currently posted on the County’s website. The BCC gave approval for individual grants up to $25,000 to help Palm Beach County businesses forced to close or limit operations and are now planning to “restart” based on the county’s phased opening process.
Required documents will include a fully executed application from the county’s online portal, certifications, affirmations and acknowledgements, tax returns, payroll reports, an active Palm Beach County Business Tax Receipt and an active registration on SunBiz. These documents will be required to be uploaded into the system by the applicant.
Interested businesses are encouraged to prepare for the Restart Program Application as they will be processed on a first come, first eligible basis. The online application is expected to launch on Friday, May 22, 2020 at 8:00 A.M. and will be accessible through the Palm Beach County website.
The criteria for the grant can be found at: http://pbcgov.com/hes
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges