BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners verbatim advisory) — The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) approved the CARES Restart Business Grants Program on May 15, 2020 to accelerate the reopening of businesses hardest hit by COVID-19.
The $60 million Business Restart Program uses a portion of the county’s $261 million allocation from the Federal CARES Act approved by Congress. The BCC has dedicated $50 million toward businesses with 25 or fewer employees and $10 million towards businesses with greater than 25 employees.
The program guidelines, including eligibility criteria, are currently posted on the County’s website. The BCC gave approval for individual grants up to $25,000 to help Palm Beach County businesses forced to close or limit operations and are now planning to “restart” based on the county’s phased opening process.
Required documents will include a fully executed application from the county’s online portal, certifications, affirmations and acknowledgements, tax returns, payroll reports, an active Palm Beach County Business Tax Receipt and an active registration on SunBiz. These documents will be required to be uploaded into the system by the applicant.
Interested businesses are encouraged to prepare for the Restart Program Application as they will be processed on a first come, first eligible basis. The online application is expected to launch on Friday, May 22, 2020 at 8:00 A.M. and will be accessible through the Palm Beach County website.
The criteria for the grant can be found at: http://pbcgov.com/hes
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot
- TROPICAL STORM EPSILON: Growing East Of Florida, Hurricane Strength Expected
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Now 118 COVID-19 Infections
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic