PALM BEACH COUNTY LIKELY TO MAKE MASKS MANDATORY
UPDATE June 23, 2020: MASKS ARE NOW MANDATORY. Read today’s coverage.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s not a done deal yet but after debate Tuesday and a vote Tuesday or Wednesday, it seems to be more likely than not a Palm Beach County facial covering order is imminent.
Several Palm Beach County Commissioners have indicated they support for an order as COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County continue to surge and Florida cases set records almost daily.
If passed, an order would require facial coverings in every public building in Palm Beach County. Public buildings are described as places where the public may enter, like supermarkets, malls and retail locations. There is a current mask order in place for all Palm Beach County government locations — the proposed order would broadly include every building in Palm Beach County.
Violations could bring fines of $500 or 30 days in jail.
Palm Beach County on Friday announced the creation of the Education Compliance Team — a group of officials and police officers from jurisdiction countywide charged with reminding violators why they need to follow the orders, the issuing citations or executing arrests if violators continue to violate.
The discussion is set for Tuesday. A vote is expected a short time later.
IN OTHER NEWS: Story getting attention on BocaNewsNow.com. How to bring summer camp home.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BOCA: Man Attempts To Carjack Rolls Royce, And Take Owner’s Girlfriend
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed