PALM BEACH COUNTY LIKELY TO MAKE MASKS MANDATORY
UPDATE June 23, 2020: MASKS ARE NOW MANDATORY. Read today’s coverage.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s not a done deal yet but after debate Tuesday and a vote Tuesday or Wednesday, it seems to be more likely than not a Palm Beach County facial covering order is imminent.
Several Palm Beach County Commissioners have indicated they support for an order as COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County continue to surge and Florida cases set records almost daily.
If passed, an order would require facial coverings in every public building in Palm Beach County. Public buildings are described as places where the public may enter, like supermarkets, malls and retail locations. There is a current mask order in place for all Palm Beach County government locations — the proposed order would broadly include every building in Palm Beach County.
Violations could bring fines of $500 or 30 days in jail.
Palm Beach County on Friday announced the creation of the Education Compliance Team — a group of officials and police officers from jurisdiction countywide charged with reminding violators why they need to follow the orders, the issuing citations or executing arrests if violators continue to violate.
The discussion is set for Tuesday. A vote is expected a short time later.
IN OTHER NEWS: Story getting attention on BocaNewsNow.com. How to bring summer camp home.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch