PALM BEACH COUNTY LIKELY TO MAKE MASKS MANDATORY
UPDATE June 23, 2020: MASKS ARE NOW MANDATORY. Read today’s coverage.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s not a done deal yet but after debate Tuesday and a vote Tuesday or Wednesday, it seems to be more likely than not a Palm Beach County facial covering order is imminent.
Several Palm Beach County Commissioners have indicated they support for an order as COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County continue to surge and Florida cases set records almost daily.
If passed, an order would require facial coverings in every public building in Palm Beach County. Public buildings are described as places where the public may enter, like supermarkets, malls and retail locations. There is a current mask order in place for all Palm Beach County government locations — the proposed order would broadly include every building in Palm Beach County.
Violations could bring fines of $500 or 30 days in jail.
Palm Beach County on Friday announced the creation of the Education Compliance Team — a group of officials and police officers from jurisdiction countywide charged with reminding violators why they need to follow the orders, the issuing citations or executing arrests if violators continue to violate.
The discussion is set for Tuesday. A vote is expected a short time later.
IN OTHER NEWS: Story getting attention on BocaNewsNow.com. How to bring summer camp home.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles