ORDER EFFECTIVE WHEN SIGNED BY COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR
POLICE WILL PROVIDE OPPORTUNITY TO COMPLY BEFORE TAKING ACTION
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A contentious Palm Beach County Commission Meeting just led to a unanimous vote in favor of a facial covering mandate in Palm Beach County.
While the order has yet to be transmitted, previous versions of the mask mandate included a requirement to wear a facial covering in ALL public buildings in Palm Beach County — including supermarkets, retail and restaurants — as well as any other indoor public location.
Many speakers who appeared to be frequent commenters at commission meetings strongly voiced their anger, claiming that a mask order is civil rights violation, reminiscent of Nazi Germany, and all part of the “fake” COVID-19 pandemic.
The mandate passed 7-0. There was no opposition. No one abstained. It was not immediately clear how long the order will be in effect. There was discussion of several months to as long as a year.
Watch video — and some of the passionate anti-mask comments — by clicking here.
IN OTHER NEWS: Story getting attention on BocaNewsNow.com. How to bring summer camp home.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees