BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida just logged 10,528 NEW COVID-19 cases according to the Florida Department of Health. The Friday report — which is based on tests logged on Thursday — is the single largest one day increase in new cases since COVID-19 monitoring began. 10,528 represents the combination of Florida residents and those who may not be residents but were tested while in Florida. The percent positive rate of new Florida cases is 14.74 percent.
Palm Beach County also just logged what appears to be its single largest one-day increase of new COVID-19 cases since recording began.
At least 654 new positive cases were recorded on Thursday and announced on Friday. The percent positive for the latest batch of cases is 10.8 percent.
Statewide, the single largest group of individuals with COVID-19 is now the 25-34 year old age group, which accounts for 19 percent of all Florida cases. Ages 35-44 account for 16 percent, 45-54 account for 15 percent, with 55-64 year olds accounting for 13 percent.
Of note: the 15-24 year old age group, which includes students of high school and college age, makes up 15 percent of all Florida cases.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing