READERS DISPUTE BROWARD COUNTY WARNINGS, CLAIM OUR STORY IS “FAKE!”
COCONUT CREEK, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Despite a volume of public records and official warnings being issued, several parents of children at Eagles Landing Camp (day and overnight camp) in Coconut Creek are slamming BocaNewsNow.com for publishing 15 COVID-19 warnings issued by Broward County. They claim the reporting is “fake.”
The slams continue as camp owner and director, Matt Cannold, alerted parents that he has tested positive for COVID-19.
The parental comments — even some threats — continue as camp owner and director, Matt Cannold, alerted parents that he has tested positive for COVID-19. The announcement came a day after school leaders in Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County stated it’s not safe to have children return to school in just a few weeks.
Broward County, complying with Florida Statute 119, released all of the complaints filed against the camp over the past several weeks. At least 15 have resulted in an official “warning” from Broward County. Many of the violations follow.
Here are some of the messages we’ve received over the past day:
Ed. Note: We think “Close Minded” was actually supposed to be “closed minded” but maybe “close” is actually what the poster meant in some sort of reference to social distancing.
These posters, apparently, take issue with the reports made to Broward County and Broward County’s response. Here are some of those complaints directly from the Broward County violation tracker.
We counted a total of 15 in all. They are listed with tracking numbers in our original report. You can also link to the Broward County Violation Tracker through that report.
Eagles Landing Camp has not responded to repeated requests for comment over the past several weeks.
Other area camps, including American Heritage, Pine Tree, and camps at the Boca Raton JCC declined to open this year, citing COVID-19 safety concerns.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?