GET READY SET GROW REMAINS OPEN DESPITE STUDENT, TEACHER, PARENT INFECTIONS.
PARENT: DEMANDS FOR REFUNDS OF $17,000/YEAR TUITION RESULT IN LEGAL THREATS FROM SCHOOL
BY: ANDREW COLTON | EDITOR AND PUBLISHER
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Parents are livid and scared following multiple texts and emails from Get Ready Set Grow Academy in Delray Beach announcing that students, teachers and now a parent are infected with COVID-19.
BocaNewsNow.com first reported on the teacher and student infections last week, complete with photos showing teachers partying together without social distancing. Those teachers, according to multiple sources, then attended a party in a student’s house.
When the COVID-19 infections were publicized, many pointed to the parties as possible “super spreaders.” While there is no indication that the lack of facial covering use or people standing side by side had anything to do with the COVID-19 spread at the school, contact tracers are apparently looking at the events.
The parties took place in late June. On July 5th, this text just obtained by BocaNewsNow.com was sent by Get Ready Set Grow management to several — but not all — parents in the school.
The parent holding the party, Dayna Bromley, shouted at BocaNewsNow.com when asked whether her event could have been the cause of the COVID-19 infections, as well as why social distancing guidelines weren’t followed.
“It’s a recommendation but it’s not a law,” said Bromley. “This is absolutely ridiculous! I’m allowed to make that judgement on my own. No one can tell me not to have a party!”
“It’s a recommendation but it’s not a law,” said Bromley when asked about executive orders and CDC guidelines. “This is absolutely ridiculous! I’m allowed to make that judgement on my own. No one can tell me not to have a party!”
Get Ready Set Grow announced Sunday night (July 19, 2020) that another staff member — we now count at least two staff members, a student and a parent — have tested positive for COVID. While BocaNewsNow.com has obtained the texts sent by the school, several parents contacting us say that the texts are only being sent to parents of students in a specific “pod” or section of the school. Not every parent.
The school has not responded to requests for comment from BocaNewsNow.com.
“Why are they not telling everyone everything?” asked an angry parent. “They’re treating this like a common cold or other childhood sicknesses. This is COVID. Stop playing games.”
Here is the July 19th text sent to select parents:
Parents — afraid to use their names due to fear of their children being alienated by teachers or managers — tell BocaNewsNow that anyone attempting to pull their children from the $17,000 to $19,000/year preschool are met with threats of lawsuits from the preschool’s owner.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED