OFFICIALS: “SARGE” SHOWS NOT PERMITTED, VENUE NOT APPROVED TO OPEN
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Black Box, a small theater in Boca Raton, is apparently preparing to violate Palm Beach County and State of Florida orders on Thursday with two performances by comedian “Sarge.”
Boca Black Box did not reply to multiple requests for comment. Sarge’s management team also did not respond. It was not immediately clear if “Sarge” knows that his performance seemingly violates local and state rules and regulations.
Current orders in place prohibit theaters and other venues from operation. But BocaBlackBox continues to sell tickets for the in-person event, claiming that it is following rules by not permitting more than 100 people in the facility. It also says guests must only wear masks while walking to or from seats.
That also violates Palm Beach County’s mask mandate. A Palm Beach County official confirmed to BocaNewsNow.com that “Black Box” is NOT permitted to open.
As we’ve reported, Boca Black Box is not a restaurant. There is no argument to be made that it’s a restaurant where a show is taking place.
Boca Black Box attempted a similar end-run around the rules back in May when Kevin Farley was set to appear. BocaNewsNow.com reached out to Farley’s reps who confirmed within minutes that he would not perform — despite promotions by Black Box.
As of Tuesday morning, Boca Black Box was still selling both “in person” and “live streaming” tickets on its website for the Thursday night event. Palm Beach County remains at “phase one” of Florida’s reopening plan.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday
- PUBLIX COVID VACCINE: Palm Beach County Seniors Call System “Disaster”
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Laundromat Blaze
- PUBLIX COVID SHOTS: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Palm Beach School District Nears 1800 COVID Cases
- ALOHA FOOD SHACK: Palm Beach County To Investigate COVID Violations
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps