SUDDEN DROP IS IN SYNC WITH TESTING SITE CLOSURES, SCHOOL REOPENING, EARLY VOTING
UPDATE: 11:40 a.m. August 4, 2020: We, sadly, were correct. Here’s today’s update with near record deaths.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Testing sites across Palm Beach County were closed for several days as hurricane Isaias approached. While the storm locally did a lot of nothing, the closed COVID-19 testing sites have resulted in a dramatic drop in new infections. Despite bizarre reporting by a local newspaper, those numbers aren’t real. Testing sites reopen today.
Monday, 4800 new cases were logged in Florida with 312 new cases in Palm Beach County. Both numbers are roughly half of the normal range over the past several weeks. Fewer tests mean fewer infections. There is no other way to interpret the drop.
The positivity rate, however, was up a point to 9.8 percent. The cumulative positivity rate — reported by Palm Beach County’s Operations Center — was over 13 percent.
We encourage our readers to analyze numbers being provided and consider why Florida’s reporting seems to change dramatically with major events: school is set to open remotely in just a few weeks — something Gov. Ron DeSantis opposes — and early voting is now under way.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit