DEATHS, INFECTIONS RISE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY, YET SOME CALL THIS “GOOD NEWS”
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Death is traditionally considered a bad thing — an indicator of something going terribly wrong. So when Florida officials — even the Palm Beach Post — suggest that things are looking better in Florida, you need to take a step back and ask how a continued massive death count is “good news.”
Death is traditionally considered a bad thing — an indicator of something going terribly wrong.
Florida, on Monday, logged another 91 COVID-19 deaths with 4,247 new confirmed COVID-19 infections. The death count in Florida is now 8,277, and there is data that suggests that number could be a gross undercount. At least 30,785 people have been hospitalized in Florida for COVID-19 issues. At least 536,961 people in the state have tested positive for COVID.
In Palm Beach County, 282 new COVID-19 infections were recorded on Monday through 11:59 p.m. with 5 new deaths, bringing Palm Beach County’s total death count to 936 and infection count to 37,297. The positivity rate — which we continue to report appears highly suspect — is 7.3-percent. BocaNewsNow.com maintains that the sudden drop in positivity rate in Palm Beach County seems to be awfully close to the start of distance learning for the Palm Beach County School District. The lower the positivity rate, the more likely Gov. Ron DeSantis is to raising Palm Beach County to “phase two” of the reopening plan, which could trigger “in person” learning for Palm Beach County Schools.
However, the pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County remains higher than 14 percent. The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics says school should not start “in person” learning until the pediatric positivity rate is consistently between 3 and 5 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District