UPDATE: 2 p.m.: HURRICANE CENTER STICKING WITH 90 PERCENT CHANCE OF DEVELOPMENT. LATEST HERE.
UPDATE: 10 a.m.: HURRICANE CENTER NOW SAYS ***90 PERCENT CHANCE OF DEVELOPMENT***. Complete update coming midday.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The National Hurricane Center early Tuesday morning says the system we’ve been tracking for several days is now one to watch. It has a 70 percent chance of developing into a tropical depression within the the next few days. What happens after that remains unclear — it could dissipate, it could further grow.
From the National Hurricane Center:
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: 1. Thunderstorm activity associated with a large low pressure system located more than 800 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands has increased and become a little better organized over the past several hours. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for development to occur, and a tropical depression is likely to form during the next day or so while the disturbance moves westward to west-northwestward at around 15 mph across the tropical Atlantic. Conditions are forecast to become less conducive for development by the end of the week. * Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud