Executive Order, Expected To Be In Effect Today, Not Yet Issued
UPDATE: 4PM Thursday, August 27, 2020: The opening executive order has been issued. Read the latest story, here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s unclear whether it’s a clerical delay or a change of position, but the executive order expected to reopen playgrounds in Palm Beach County today (Thursday) has not been issued as of 7 a.m. That means playgrounds remain CLOSED in all of Palm Beach County.
Playgrounds remain CLOSED in Palm Beach County. Executive reopening order NOT issued as of 7 AM Thursday.
There was considerable discussion during Tuesday’s Board of County Commissioners meeting on the issue, during which County Executive Verdenia Baker said she expected to have the order written and executed by today.
Baker suggested that part of the order would include a warning to parents.
“We will also notice parents that allow their kids to play on the playground that there are some risks,” said Baker. “They’re utilizing the equipment at their risk.”
County officials said playgrounds would need to be disinfected on a regular basis. It was not immediately clear who would be responsible, or how exactly playgrounds would be medically cleaned and sanitized
Disinfecting equipment and picking up juice boxes are two different things.
Palm Beach County orders override local municipalities. Local playgrounds MUST remain closed until the executive order is issued, authorizing their reopening.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER