Executive Order, Expected To Be In Effect Today, Not Yet Issued
UPDATE: 4PM Thursday, August 27, 2020: The opening executive order has been issued. Read the latest story, here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s unclear whether it’s a clerical delay or a change of position, but the executive order expected to reopen playgrounds in Palm Beach County today (Thursday) has not been issued as of 7 a.m. That means playgrounds remain CLOSED in all of Palm Beach County.
Playgrounds remain CLOSED in Palm Beach County. Executive reopening order NOT issued as of 7 AM Thursday.
There was considerable discussion during Tuesday’s Board of County Commissioners meeting on the issue, during which County Executive Verdenia Baker said she expected to have the order written and executed by today.
Baker suggested that part of the order would include a warning to parents.
“We will also notice parents that allow their kids to play on the playground that there are some risks,” said Baker. “They’re utilizing the equipment at their risk.”
County officials said playgrounds would need to be disinfected on a regular basis. It was not immediately clear who would be responsible, or how exactly playgrounds would be medically cleaned and sanitized
Disinfecting equipment and picking up juice boxes are two different things.
Palm Beach County orders override local municipalities. Local playgrounds MUST remain closed until the executive order is issued, authorizing their reopening.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday
- PUBLIX COVID VACCINE: Palm Beach County Seniors Call System “Disaster”
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Laundromat Blaze
- PUBLIX COVID SHOTS: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Palm Beach School District Nears 1800 COVID Cases
- ALOHA FOOD SHACK: Palm Beach County To Investigate COVID Violations
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps