Executive Order, Expected To Be In Effect Today, Not Yet Issued
UPDATE: 4PM Thursday, August 27, 2020: The opening executive order has been issued. Read the latest story, here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s unclear whether it’s a clerical delay or a change of position, but the executive order expected to reopen playgrounds in Palm Beach County today (Thursday) has not been issued as of 7 a.m. That means playgrounds remain CLOSED in all of Palm Beach County.
Playgrounds remain CLOSED in Palm Beach County. Executive reopening order NOT issued as of 7 AM Thursday.
There was considerable discussion during Tuesday’s Board of County Commissioners meeting on the issue, during which County Executive Verdenia Baker said she expected to have the order written and executed by today.
Baker suggested that part of the order would include a warning to parents.
“We will also notice parents that allow their kids to play on the playground that there are some risks,” said Baker. “They’re utilizing the equipment at their risk.”
County officials said playgrounds would need to be disinfected on a regular basis. It was not immediately clear who would be responsible, or how exactly playgrounds would be medically cleaned and sanitized
Disinfecting equipment and picking up juice boxes are two different things.
Palm Beach County orders override local municipalities. Local playgrounds MUST remain closed until the executive order is issued, authorizing their reopening.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles