Palm Beach County School District Teachers Outraged By Video Message Sent Tonight
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County School District Superintendent Dr. Donald Fennoy, at times slurring his words, blasted Palm Beach County Teachers in a Tuesday night message transmitted via YouTube. The message, sent to us by several teachers in the School District, appears to be condescending with one consistent theme: “teachers, do what you’re told.”
MAJOR UPDATE: CTA To Call For Fennoy’s Termination During Wednesday School Board Meeting.
While Fennoy acknowledged the massive problems that still exist, the fact that teachers with legitimate health concerns still have no idea what they’re doing or allowed to do, and that principals have been given mixed messages about who is calling the shots at the school level, Fennoy appears strained, stressed and inconsistent.
Fennoy actually said “it gets noisy before it gets calm.” Fennoy added that he expects classroom attendance to grow over the next several weeks, even though the Palm Beach County School District expects just half of the student population — at most — to return for in-person education on September 21st. Principals and teachers are privately encouraging parents to keep their kids home due to the continued lack of plans, personal protective equipment, air quality issues, sanitization problems and social distancing impossibilities.
Wrote one teacher to BocaNewsNow.com sending us this video:
We encourage you to watch the entire three minute presentation.
What are you hearing about your specific school? Use this form:
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students