BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A man diagnosed with Schizophrenia allegedly kidnapped a one year old from a playground, briefly confining the child who he snatched from the grandmother. It happened in the 400 block of South Country Club Blvd. in Boca Raton.
The police report, reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, reveals that witnesses say they “saw (Hauser) lingering around the playground area in an unusual manner. He then, without provocation, ‘scooped’ the victim up into his grasp and refused to let go even after physical attempts by (people on the scene) to defeat his hold on the one year old victim. Both witnesses coincided with what was said by the victim’s grandmother.”
According to the report, “Kyle Hauser’s father was on the scene and mentioned to officers that his son had been having mental issues lately and has been medically diagnosed with schizophrenia within the year of 2021. Although his son was recently given the medical diagnoses, the father explained that his son has never acted out in this manner and always knew the different between a right and wrong act.”
Kyle Hauser was charged with kidnapping a victim under 13. He remains in the Palm Beach County Jail.
The event, according to police, only lasted for a few moments. The child was returned to its grandmother.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation