Police: He Also Said He Didn’t Drink At Home, But Then “Argued” That He Drank At Home…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton man is facing DUI, property damage and “refusal to submit to blood alcohol test” charges following his arrest by Boca Raton Police.
Brian Duggan, according to the police report which you can read below, allegedly crashed into a car in front of him in the 100 block of North Federal Highway. When police arrived, an officer wrote, “I observed that the driver of the Toyota, Brian Duggan, had red glassy eyes, slurred speech, a strong odor of alcoholic beverage emanating from his breath when he spoke.”
Also wrote the officer, “I asked Duggan where he was coming from and he stated he was on his way home from the Dubliner Restaurant/Bar in Mizner Park. According to Duggan, he did not consume any food or alcohol at the (Dubliner). I then asked Duggan where he was prior to going to the Dubliner and he stated he was home. Duggan claimed he did not consume any alcohol while at home or prior to going to the Dubliner. I then asked Duggan when the last time he consumed alcohol was, and he said it was at his house prior to going to the Dubliner. Duggan then argued with me stating that he did not deny drinking alcohol at home.”
You can read the results of Duggan’s field sobriety test, below. He allegedly refused to submit to a blood alcohol content test before he was booked into jail at 3 a.m. Saturday morning. Duggan, of Sand Point Terrace in Boca, was released several hours later on his own recognizance.
Read the complete police report, below. If it does not appear, click here for full, free access.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck