Police: He Also Said He Didn’t Drink At Home, But Then “Argued” That He Drank At Home…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton man is facing DUI, property damage and “refusal to submit to blood alcohol test” charges following his arrest by Boca Raton Police.
Brian Duggan, according to the police report which you can read below, allegedly crashed into a car in front of him in the 100 block of North Federal Highway. When police arrived, an officer wrote, “I observed that the driver of the Toyota, Brian Duggan, had red glassy eyes, slurred speech, a strong odor of alcoholic beverage emanating from his breath when he spoke.”
Also wrote the officer, “I asked Duggan where he was coming from and he stated he was on his way home from the Dubliner Restaurant/Bar in Mizner Park. According to Duggan, he did not consume any food or alcohol at the (Dubliner). I then asked Duggan where he was prior to going to the Dubliner and he stated he was home. Duggan claimed he did not consume any alcohol while at home or prior to going to the Dubliner. I then asked Duggan when the last time he consumed alcohol was, and he said it was at his house prior to going to the Dubliner. Duggan then argued with me stating that he did not deny drinking alcohol at home.”
You can read the results of Duggan’s field sobriety test, below. He allegedly refused to submit to a blood alcohol content test before he was booked into jail at 3 a.m. Saturday morning. Duggan, of Sand Point Terrace in Boca, was released several hours later on his own recognizance.
Read the complete police report, below. If it does not appear, click here for full, free access.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App