Pediatric Positivty Rate Now A Record High In Palm Beach County, Kids Are Catching COVID.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The trouble continues for Florida where there are now at least 2,208,584 COVID-19 cases on record, and 34,848 people died. While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis supports packed arenas — like one in Jacksonville Saturday night for UFC fighting — his state continues to get sick and die.
(News app readers access our full report).
Florida’s positivity rate for tests logged on Saturday rose to 6.85 percent — the highest in several days. Another 4,716 positive tests were logged, following 7,314 the day before.
As more get sick and die in Florida, Boca Bash plays on in Boca Raton, where thousands Sunday afternoon are crammed onto Lake Boca with no social distancing or mask use. Medical professionals say there will likely be another COVID surge within a week or two from those who took part in the event.
“These people are just idiots,” said a medical professional to BocaNewsNow.com. “They couldn’t just hang in there for another month or two. This is going to set the area back and force an extension of the mask mandate. It’s so sad to watch the stupidity.”
In Palm Beach County, the death count rose to 2,742 on Saturday with 141,558 infections.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is now 14.7 percent — a record since COVID-19 began. The Florida Department of Health defines “pediatric” as anyone 18 or under.
For our latest on Boca Bash, use this link.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens